Saturday, May 25, 2013

Roman architecture study.  Final shots in Cryengine.

I learned a lot form doing this study.  The trim texture went through several iterations because some of the trim patterns got way too noisy.  From a distance the details just didn't read.  Everything on the trim sheet was started in 3ds max and then sent to zbrush.  The red color is floating geo with a decal shader applied.  I tried using vert color but it looked to flat and didn't allow me to chip off paint in areas.







1 comment:

  1. Hi David, your art is impressive to me!
    Maybe you can answer if you get time?
    how do you proceed with your normal map?do you bake from your high poly to your low or do you bake your high on a plane and map after the low poly?
    thank you and excuse my english
    keep the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete